Monday, October 6, 2008

10-06-08


No matter how busy I get (and things are pretty busy!), I always find time to read.

This past quarter I read or listened to 17 books. Each had something to offer, there are none that I wish I had not read. Even the steamy Loving Scoundrel was fun. A personal favorite was Hattie Big Sky. And following Clearing in the Wild up with a trip to Aurora, OR was fun. The Word on the Street was a new twist on the Bible and the author’s testimony is pretty inspiring.

A Loving Scoundrel -
Johanna Lindsey
A Name of Her Own - Jane Kirkpatrick
The Rapture (prequel to Left Behind) - Jerry Jenkins
Oceans Apart - Karen Kingsbury
On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery) - Cleo Coyle
The Word on the Street - Bob Lacey
Clearing in the Wild - Jane Kirkpatrick
The Jane Austen Book Club - Karen Joy Fowler
When Madeline Was Young - Jane Hamilton
Expiration Date - Eric Wilson
Hattie Big Sky - Kirby Larson
The Last Jihad - Joel Rosenberg
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Kahled Hosseini
The Last Days of Dogtown - Anita Diamont
The Last Days - Joel Rosenberg
The Photograph - Penelope Lively
Ezekiel Option -
Joel C. Rosenberg

"Books to the ceiling, books to the sky. My piles of books are a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have a long beard by the time I read them." -Arnold Lobel

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Looks like quite a variety of titles, too. :)

lynette said...

WOW! Good for you. I don't get to read nearly as often as I'd like.

nwscrapmom said...

Boy, you definitely crank out the books. Great way to keep the mind young! I need to be better about making the time to read. Somehow, after doing schoolwork most of the day with the kids, reading for pleasure doesn't appeal to me.