Friday, September 12, 2008

09-12-08


I have a lot of favorite flowers, but poppies are one of them.

And my poppies are blooming!

Here is my raised bed in all its splendor. Plenty of lettuce for us, the original zinnias still in full bloom, and the nasturtium and poppies I started from seed are bursting with color.

Tonight Anastasia and I spent an hour clearing and opening more garden space for next year. At Fred Meyer, I pointed out the allium, another favorite plant I need to find a spot for. And peonies, and fringed tulips, and sunflowers, and…

“As for marigolds, poppies, hollyhocks, and valorous sunflowers, we shall never have a garden without them, both for their own sake, and for the sake of old-fashioned folks, who used to love them.” - Henry Ward Beecher

3 comments:

lynette said...

So pretty! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Marie said...

You sound like you're having fun with your garden. It's great that Anastasia is helping out, too.

nwscrapmom said...

What a wonderful way for you to spend time with Anastasia. Lexi likes to look at the flowers at garden centers, but hates going to our garden because of the bees. Thankfully, Christopher doesn't mind and usually will ask me if I want to accompany him to the garden.