Sunday, September 7, 2008

09-07-08


Did you know that there is a premier disc golf course near us? Did you know that disc golf is a fancy word for frisbee golf? When we've played in the past, we bring crepe paper to mark the trees, and we go from tree to tree to tree. This course has concrete tee off spots, some where you can't even see the end of the hole, and it has metal buckets as your goal. In one spot you have to get your frisbee over the river, if you are brave enough.

Bruce and the kids have played the course this summer, but today was my first time. I stink at FROLF as much as I stink at regular golf, bowling, or any other activity that takes strength and coordination. But Bruce calls it walking around the park while throwing a frisbee, and thinking about it that way doesn't make me feel as bad about the 17 shots it takes me to get to the bucket. Sometimes the wind was so bad the frisbee came right back to us like a boomerang, but it was a gorgeous day to be out enjoying the Pacific Northwest.

"Most people can throw a Frisbee." -Tony Bomber

3 comments:

Marie said...

My boys played frisbee golf for the first time this summer. They played in Whistler and in Steilacoom. It sounds like a fun new sport!

nwscrapmom said...

It seems FROLF is really gaining popularity. I've seen several places you can play, although I've not tried it myself yet.

lynette said...

Jim and I played for the fist time this year too. We had a balst until my frisbee went in the drink and Jim had to fish it out.