Wednesday, September 3, 2008

09-03-08


Our front porch is going through a transformation. At slow DIY speed, but progressing. I'd like to tear down the whole thing and start all over, but new carpet will be nice.

So the old carpet is torn up, and all the railings are down. it looks and feels really different. Xander keeps pretending to fall off the sides.

I've chosen a reddish carpet. Bruce keeps saying "are you SURE you want that carpet?", and Xander keeps saying "I DON'T like that red, Mom." Where is their sense of adventure? If I can't have a colorful door, a colorful porch will be fun!

“It's much easier for me to make major life, multi-million dollar decisions, than it is to decide on a carpet for my front porch. That's the truth.”
Oprah Winfrey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll get you a new door if that's the only reason you're changing the porch color so drastically!

lynette said...

I bet it will look great!!

Marie said...

I'll be interested to see how this all turns out...will she get a new door???...will the red carpet get installed???...the saga continues. ;)

nwscrapmom said...

Ah, projects. There are too many around here for me to comfortably count. Looks like you've got a good one going and I personally think red will look nice. What shade... a true red or more like a brick red? Enquiring minds want to know!