Wednesday, September 17, 2008

09-17-08


I was going to say that I don't know when this portrait was done, but it is dated. 1976. I was 4 years old. Back when I was Shelly. We were Shelly and Shanna. Sorry for the glare, at least I got it off our faces.

This charcoal portrait hangs in my scrapbook room, on a wall hidden from everyday view. It caught my eye tonight, and I thought "why not?". When I look at it, I am immediately transported back to the house where my grandparents lived when I spent summers with them. This hung next to the bar with the old fashioned adding machine, in the same room with the pool table that I would sleep under or behind. Breakable Baby, the handmade wooden blocks in the green corduroy bag and all the Barbie's with intricate yarn clothes made by Aunt Doris were in the closet.

Ah, the memories!

2 comments:

Diana said...

That is beautiful!! Move that to a visible place in your home.

nwscrapmom said...

That is so special! What terrific memories it sounds like it evokes.