Wednesday, January 30, 2008

01-30-08

Tonight at church they mentioned that it was just epiphany and now next week is Ash Wednesday. I don't feel that way though. I can't believe it's almost February, but I feel like Christmas was ages ago.

But I'm getting reminders.

We watched the last nights
new episode of House this evening, and it was supposed to be the Christmas episode. Seemed very out of place. Writers strike messed everything up.

And the tack box arrived.

In early December I went to order the American Girl stuff that she was requesting from Santa, and Jackson's tack box, a limited addition item available only while supplies last, was gone. My heart sank. I felt like a heel for not ordering them earlier, not realizing that Anastasia already KNEW that it was long sold out. Two years ago we already burst her Santa bubble when we couldn't find the
pink Nintendo DS on her list. Yes, she's spoiled.

So I got her other items on her wish list instead, but I've been watching e-bay for over a month waiting for the prices to go down. I finally snagged one for $10 over retail. I had to sit there while it closed and bid with 30 seconds left, but I got it!

When it arrived Bruce looked at and said "carrots?!?". Yep, just a saddle, saddle bag, brush, bandages, and
three carrots. In a fancy box.

But Anastasia is thrilled. Now she just hands to earn it. With seven consecutive days of a
clean room. How long will it take?

2 comments:

lynette said...

I respect your ways :) 7 days of a clean room? Mine would have it by summer.

nwscrapmom said...

Why is it they always gravitate towards the sold out items? I bet she is excited that you were able to get one. I think this was the easiest year we've had... one request for "any" Lego set and the other for a giant penguin from Costco. :)