Wednesday, January 23, 2008

01-23-08


Here's an artistic shot. Inspired by nwscrapmom's recurring theme of frozen photos, Lynette's recent cold photos, and scrappingangelsuk's encouragement to document where we live.

I took this morning off in my effort to take my vacation days this year. And I just rested rather than expecting much out of the extra hours.

Our lake has been frozen over for the past few days, so I wanted to walk over there and take some photos in the daylight. I got some different shots, but this one is my favorite. It was Bruce's idea to shoot into the sun.

The lake,
Lake Sacajawea, represents where we live. Our house is half a block from the lake, which is the focal point of Longview, we do a lot of activities at the lake, and I drive along the lake on my way to and from work now.

Baby,
it's cold outside.

6 comments:

Jamal Azhar said...

nice.

Marie said...

These days are sure providing us with a lot of photo opportunities. This photo is great!

lynette said...

I love iy! You know that is my favoitest lake anyway :) I envy your living right there.

nwscrapmom said...

Beautiful picture! I think the inspiration is definitely a 2-way street! This is a great picture.

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the sunbeams and streaky clouds.

AngieDphotography said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love sun spots. Drew me right in. Thinking of going outside to take some photos now... oh but there is so much to do inside!