Sunday, January 27, 2008

01-27-08


I make the 90 minute trek to Seaside at least once a month. It's a really pretty drive. I mark my progress by various landmarks that I enjoy - the fields and livestock near Clatskanie, the houseboats floating on the river at John Day, the darling Victorian houses as I weave through Astoria, and the fun little honor system flower stands between Warrenton and Seaside.

Today on our way home from Cannon Beach I asked Bruce if we could stop to photograph the houseboats. For us they are a bit of a running joke. Normally I'm by myself, watching the road, and can only see the houses in one direction. One trip Bruce was driving and pointed out the house boats that I can't normally see on the other side of the river. I told him that there was another point along the drive where you could see more cute house boats, not realizing that it was the same river. Duh! He won't let me live it down.

We got off highway 30, but that got us too close to them to photograph them well. So we walked up on the bridge and photographed them the way that I normally glimpse them.

1 comment:

lynette said...

I love those house boats! Great shot!