Tuesday, January 22, 2008

01-22-08


Hail Starbucks! A beacon of light in the darkness. Sometimes even a reason to get up in the morning.

Note the dark and the ice. And this was after two hours of driving!

Today I got up at 4:15am and made my monthly trek to Aberdeen to attend a 7:30 operations meeting and check in with my staff there. The meeting used to start at 7am, I should feel blessed.

Mostly I just feel tired.

But a "Grande Hazelnut Mocha non-fat, no whip" sure helps. $4.01 of motivation to keep pushing through the bleary eyes and chill that won't leave my bones.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Sorry you had to get up so early. I can't wait until it's light at 7:30!

lynette said...

It's good to have something to look forward to on such a dark, cold morning.

Beth said...

Ugh, too early. Starbucks....yum. Hope you get to go to bed early or at least catch a nice nap.

nwscrapmom said...

Ouch. I don't think I'd be functioning too well at that hour. I know, you do what you have to do, right? The mocha sounds delicious and my mouth is watering now.

Lesa said...

I love Starbucks in the morning!..knowing they are there in the wee hours when we need them always makes an early morning airport run/commute so much easier!!..hope youre feeling better!