Saturday, January 19, 2008

01-18-08


Here I am, putting the final touches on a speech I had to give today. You can't really practice giving a speech in your head, you have to say it out loud and get the flow down. And I have to stand up and pretend like I'm at the podium. That's what I was doing this morning when I finally drug my sickly self out of bed, but before I even did my hair.

Tonight I hosted a retirement party for an employee who started at Weyerhaeuser in 1970, before I was even born. It was a great party. I even survived my speech. They are never as horrible as you imagine.

But why is there a jar of Johnny's seasoning on our clean table?
[editors note: Because Bruce likes it there!]

5 comments:

lynette said...

Yuck, public speaking! Good for you!! That season salt is too funny :)

nwscrapmom said...

That's too funny... I was going to comment on the Johnny's. I think if I was asked to give a speech, I'd probably pass out or die or something like that. I hate being in the spotlight. Being an introvert really stinks!

Marie said...

We always use Johnny's in almost everything (it seems). Glad your speech went well.

Beth said...

A speech, ugh. I am taking Speech 100 online...lol, yes, online. It is not public speaking, more communication styles and stuff.

AngieDphotography said...

our salt and hot sauce always seem to be in the living room... cause that is pretty much where we eat. So, that's probably what you'd see if you came to my house!