Thursday, April 30, 2009

04-30-09


I wanted to get a family photo tonight, since it is the last day of the month and I only got one in April, but it didn't work out.
So I wandered upstairs after the kids went to bed to see what I could capture. Both of them were reading fat books.
Sometimes the kids go to bed willingly, but more often than not we have to prod them a few times. Bedtime is 9pm on school nights, and they can read in their rooms for as long as they want. They are usually both still up when I crawl in bed for my reading time at 10pm.
“Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.” Maya Angelou

1 comment:

lynette said...

Logan is not much of a reader anymore and it makes me sad :( Glad you still have two good readers.