Thursday, April 23, 2009

04-23-09

What greets you on the inside of your front door?

I keep my shoes upstairs in my closet, but everyone else keeps them near the doors. Bruce ahs several pairs of equally muddy nondescript shoes. Xander has soccer shoes, crocs, the brown shoes in the corner he never wears but mom made him get them to have something presentable, and the brown and orange shoes he wears EVERY day. Anastasia, the only one in this family who enjoys shoe shopping, has a plethora of pairs thrown all about; many of them don't even fit her women's sized feet anymore.

It's not the sight I want to see when I walk through the door, but it is a part of our everyday life.

“Between saying and doing, many a pair of shoes is worn out.” Iris Murdoch

2 comments:

Marie said...

We've got one of those...they really never stay on the racks, either.

lynette said...

We don't really use our front door so it stays tidy. The door to the garage is a whole nother story though.