Monday, April 13, 2009

04-13-09

I was getting ready for bed and I suddenly remembered my blog. Not only had I not sent Bruce anything to post, but I had not even taken any photos! D'oh!

I wandered around the dark house looking for interesting still lifes. Anastasia's instrument cases, the fruit bowl, discarded stuff. This bird statue spoke to me the loudest.

Out guest bedroom computer room has a bird motif. They have to be reasonably authentic or Bruce won't have them around. So here is a rare Eurasian Dotterel. I like to call him a shorebird.

“A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.”
Maya Angelou

3 comments:

Bruce said...

I can't believe you don't remember that there's a story with "shorebird".

It was a big national story in the birding world and it not only happened in our back yard I was one of the first people to verify it.

Bruce said...

And what about the poor left out Winter Wren right next to "shorebird"? Doesn't he get a mention?

lynette said...

I love that quote! Those late night search pictures can be a drag sometimes.