Wednesday, April 15, 2009

04-15-09


Today I had a long lunch, so I read a scrapbooking magazine from cover to cover. What a rare indulgence.

In the magazine Ali Edwards reiterated that the journaling does not need to relate to the photos. So my blog post today has nothing to do with my photo.

I was in Portland for a managers conference to get CPE. When the discussion went to public speaking, he said that we can make sharing numbers as fun as we want. I fit the boring CPA mold, but something to strive for when I share financials to groups. As an example of repetition, he had us complete the advertisement "Plop plop..." That commercial ahs been off the air for 17 years! That makes me feel old...

"Being a manager is a big game of whack-a-mole" - Karen Foster, conference speaker

2 comments:

Diana said...

Being a working mom is a game of whack the mole....

lynette said...

Cute pic. Fun reference to AE too :) Such a scrapbooker you are!