Monday, March 23, 2009

03-23-09

It's really hard for me to smile. I want to wallow in what a bad day my birthday has been almost start to finish. I keep forgetting to pack my cosmetics on overnights. And Subway doesn't open early in the morning anymore, did you know that. Traffic made me 30 minutes late for a meeting. I could go on and on.

But, I did get to go to the Bonsai Garden at Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters one last time before it closes, and that makes me happy. That was when I discovered that my camera was really toast, so I just took mental photos of all my favorites. And the little Crayola reproduction exercise felt good after running around away from home for 13 1/2 hours.

“Bonsai is a traditional art that has continued for several hundred years and it should remain in our lives. I think young people, in their own modern way, are rediscovering Japan's bonsai culture of enjoying the microcosm.”- Kenji Kobayashi

3 comments:

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Michele! I hope this is a wonderful year for you.

Marie said...

Just think back to Saturday and maybe pretend that THAT was your birthday...sorry you had a rough day. Hope the other 364 days go much better!

lynette said...

Sorry it was a rough day but Happy Birthday anyway!