Saturday, March 21, 2009

03-21-09

Today was my day. Well, after the all niters got a nap.

We headed to Portland for an afternoon of Powell books (I now have 99 unread books, oy!), choosing new gourmet salad dressing at Whole Foods (my collection of sweet dressings really was getting low!), and dinner at Beaches (love the almond roca dessert). I knew that I couldn't justify spending money on books, so I sold 24 books for $53 and used that money to fuel my hobby of collecting books.

At Beaches the kids got to visit the treasure chest, take a kitchen tour, and build a sundae. They told our waitress (who attended the same school in Longview!) that we were celebrating my birthday, so she gave me a coconut shell full of saltwater candy. Happy early birthday to me!

"Beaches will blow our dining out budget for the month, we shouldn't go there!" - Bruce, the only non-Beaches fan in the house

4 comments:

Diana said...

LOL You should have dropped him off at the closest Jack in the Box and picked him up on the way home. Glad you had a good "early" birthday!

nwscrapmom said...

It sounds like a fun day. Your salad dressings look very interesting... especially the pomegranate one.

lynette said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a perfect day for you.

Marie said...

Sounds like a wonderful pre-birthday day!