Friday, March 13, 2009

03-13-09

I got a lot out of my Love Dare reading for Day 6.

It talked about how life is a marathon, not a sprint. I often feel like I am sprinting from one project, task, activity, or crisis to another, instead of looking at the long haul and pacing myself.

It talked about adding space in your schedule for recharging, refocusing, and distressing so you won't be so grumpy with our spouse.

My word for the year, relinquish, fits here perfectly. To give up, to put aside, to let go, to surrender.

I want that, I really do. Now I have even more motivation. Then comes the hard part: how to put it into practice?

"Be a joy, not a jerk." - The Love Dare

3 comments:

Diana said...

Great picture of you two.

You will do fine Michele!

lynette said...

Great picture! It seems you two are right on target, no worries there.

nwscrapmom said...

That is a great picture of you two. The quote is great, too.