Tuesday, July 28, 2009

07-28-09


Eating alone at a sit down restaurant. Awkward!

I think the chances are slim that I will ever get my family to Berry Fields in Centralia.

Reason #1: Why would you eat there when there is a perfectly good Taco Time nearby?
Reason #2: They close at 5pm, which severely narrows our options.

So I decided to go there alone tonight. I spent the day in Aberdeen and stopped in Centralia on the way home (shhh, I also did some outlet shopping!). The waitress said “enjoy your lunch” when she served me, but it was really an early dinner.


“I don’t think people yearn for love because they hate staying home alone on a Saturday night or because they dread going to restaurants alone. They want someone to look past the surface or stuff like bad hair days, a too-loud laugh, or potato chips crunching in their living room couch when anyone sits down. ~ Lois Smith Brady

3 comments:

Diana said...

Sounds wonderful...

lynette said...

I don't usually eat on my own either. It's kind of a challenge I have issued to myself though. Hope you enjoyed it.

Marie said...

Yum! I love Berryfield's. Owen and I used to go often when he lived down there. I always bring a book to read when I dine alone (which last time I did at Berryfield's).