Thursday, July 9, 2009

07-09-09

Why is it so much work to take vacation? Seems like you have to sell your soul scurrying around before you go trying to get everything ready, then spend another few weeks after the trip digging out of the mess.

There are just not enough hours in the day. Tonight I had a hair appointment (it is always so FLAT after my hairdresser is done with me!) then a date with my laptop to try to get more office work done. Now I need to finish packing and fall into bed exhausted.

I guess the plus side is that things get so bad right before the vacation that you are extra happy to be walking away from it all!

“Traveling is a fool's paradise... I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea and at last wake up in Naples, and there besides me is the stern fact, the sad self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Marie said...

I like this picture of you. :)

lynette said...

Very cute!!! Your hair looks great too. I love salon days.