Monday, July 27, 2009

07-27-09


Do I look like I’m melting?

I like to watch national news in the morning from the treadmill. This morning they were discussing the heat wave in the Pacific Northwest.

I have to admit I wore a sweater most of the day. I am always cold in our office, no matter the temperature outside.

Right after work I decided to weed the garden, and it didn’t take long for sweat to start rolling down my brow. There was a slight breeze, but I decided to water my poor choking plants and hightail it inside. It felt cool inside, but after awhile I started sweating, just sitting still! I had forgotten to turn on the AC when I got home from work! Cranked up the cold air and did my evening workout.

Now hoping I can sleep tonight, and that the rest of the family is not too overheated. Xander is a heat wimp; he wants to live in Antarctica.


“If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?” -Stephen Wright

4 comments:

Carol said...

Would you mind if I use some of your quotes? They are great. I send out a Thought for Today to close to 900 people and on from them to more.

Michele said...

Feel free to use anything you see.

Carol said...

Thank you much

lynette said...

We have managed to miss it all. First we missed the snow, now we are gone for the heat. Stay cool friend!!