Monday, May 25, 2009

05-25-09

Happy Memorial Day!

I had planned to join Facebook today (realizing that life will never slow down so I may as well just jump in), but I didn't find time. Maybe on my next 3 day weekend.

If I was on Facebook, and filled out the 25 Random Things about Us survey, here are my answers:
♥ What are your middle names?
Ann and Werner. Wow, those names sound old!

♥ How long have you been together?
Married for almost 17 years and together for 19

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? Weeks.
We met in October and our first date was November first.

♥ Who asked who out and where was your first date?
Uh, I was so not looking for a boyfriend as I was starting college, so he asked me out. We went to the Keg and he gave me a plastic spider ring.

♥ How old are each of you?
I'm 37, and he Bruce is almost 40.

♥ What do you do for fun together? We like to explore and geocache. Or go to Starbucks for a quick date.

♥ Any hobbies?
I read novels, garden, and scrapbook. Bruce plays video games and hangs out with other peoples kids.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Figuring out how to spend time with relatives.

♥ Do you like each other's friends? Most of our friend are "our" friends.

♥ Who's the smartest?
Bruce, by a long shot. I just fake it.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
I'm best at cluing in to other people's emotions, but Bruce is best at following through with thoughtful actions. I cry during Little House reruns, he waits in the wings to hug me.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Maine, for our honeymoon.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Bruce. He yells for fun, though, too, just to keep us guessing.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Bruce. That was the agreement from the very beginning. When my family made me cook I put pineapple in everything out of spite.

♥ Who is more social?
Bruce, hands down. I can't figure out small talk.

♥Who is the neat Freak?
Bruce might argue that it is my scrapbook room that is a mess, but it's only because that is where he piles everything that he doesn't know what to do with.

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Wow, that is rough. Maybe me, but not by far.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Both of us.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Me. Bruce is a night owl, I get tired of making sure he is conscious before I leave for work.

♥ What was your wedding like?
I almost lit my veil on fire. It was the hottest day of the year, we thought the pastor might pass out. I tore my vintage family heirloom dress when I went to hug someone in the receiving line. The limo never showed up. Really, it was a great event! :)

♥ Do you get steaks often?
Bruce makes a mean salt fried steak... I love protein, working on loving it a little less..

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
See comment above about figuring out how to spend time with relatives.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Bruce. Although I can get tired of others monopolizing his time.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
First date was Nov 1st, first proposal was Dec 31. I didn't take the first one seriously. We were in line at Mr Toads Wild ride.

♥ Who eats more?
Bruce can go forever without eating then he gorges himself. I have to eat every four hours but try to follow the "fist" portion sizes. Not sure how it averages out.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
I used to, but Bruce took it over in hopes that I would have more time and less stress.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Bruce. Unless I need help in Excel.

♥ What brings you closer to each other?
Spending time together not distracted by computers or TVs or meetings or kids.

3 comments:

lynette said...

Fun post. Hope to see you on FB one day.

Marie said...

What a fun survey. It was fun to read your answers.

Shanna Smith said...

Pineapple out of spite!? I'm gonna tell Mom! ha ha ha ha