Sunday, June 28, 2009

06-28-09

Two events took up my day today.

First, we had the VBS finale at church. Pastor John gave a short message, then the kids took turns reciting their cheers and singing songs. When Xander is on stage he loves to hide behind other kids so we can't see him, but in the beginning of the program his spot to stand was right aligned with our pew, so we got to see him for a change. After service we had a picnic on the church lawn and Pastor John ate a few bugs to reward the kids for raising money for our local mission.

Second, the kdis and I drove up to southcenter to meet G&G for dinner at Bahama Breeze. Whenever I drive past that restaurant, I ask myself "wonder what that restaurant is like?". Now when I go by I can think "mmmm, we should go to Bahama Breeze again soon!" We all really liked it.

And that is a full day!

"Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them." ~John Shirley

1 comment:

lynette said...

Sounds like a full day. I have never been to Bahama Breeze.