Tuesday, June 16, 2009

06-16-09


Anastasia: What are you going to do when we get home?
Me: Water the garden, cut up cantaloupe and lettuce, call Rick, and I need to find a blog photo.
Anastasia: I could take a photo of you cutting up cantaloupe.
Me (sarcastically): That sounds exciting.

I decided a close-up of me cutting up the melon could be artistic, and probably the best bet in my exhausted "is it time for bed yet?!?" stupor. So here I am, slicing melon at 7pm. I'm not sure why my pinky finger is popped up; probably a sign that I am really a princess and should not be subjected to endlessly preparing fruits and veggies! :)

"
Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers." ~ African Proverb

3 comments:

Marie said...

Too funny, Miss Princess. :)

lynette said...

I love the proverb. And you do appear very dainty with your pinkie up :)

dictionary Dora aka Shan said...

I've decided you have become a Quote-aholic.
We have meetings every 3rd Thursday, just in case you want to attend.