Tuesday, June 9, 2009

06-09-09

I had the opportunity today to take a long lunch to attend Xander's 20 minute graduation ceremony. And I loved that he was listed in the program and announced as Xander.

Another chapter of our lives, elementary school, is almost over. The only bittersweet part is the realization that I am now the middle aged lady that I used to glance at and wonder about in my youth and younger parenting days. Time flies!

We expect good things from Xander as he moves up to middle school. Not the same things as his sister, but good things.

"Let's assume that each person has an equal opportunity, not to become equal, but to become different. To realize whatever unique potential of body, mind and spirit he or she possesses." -John Fischer (no relation)

2 comments:

Marie said...

I just love those award ceremonies! Buckle your seat belt because the next few years are going to fly! :)

lynette said...

So sad. We are done with elementary too. Big changes are coming.