Friday, November 7, 2008

11-07-08


Anastasia and I have planned this shopping spree all week. She even gave up time with her friend to tag along with me. It's not easy to find time when she is available (with ballet two nights a week and church another) and when Bruce is around to watch Xander (he is no fun to shop with!).

We went to two cities, nine stores, and I hate to add up how much we spent. We didn't have perfect luck, but got quite a few things taken care of. One of my missions was big chocolate bars for a Santa's Workshop craft day at church. I finally found them at Safeway on sale 10 for $10, so I bought their whole inventory. The clerk didn't even ask why I had 20 candy bars and some cornstarch...

I appreciate Anastasia's help. She keeps me grounded in our task, offers suggestions, and helps me find things. She talks me into extra things too. Tonight it was boots, holiday flavored hand soap, and she tried pretty hard to get me to buy an extra package of candy cane Frangos.

“If men liked shopping, they'd call it research.” -Cynthia Nelms

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fixed 6 typos for you! Maybe you should let me post your blog for you again. :)

Marie said...

It's so nice to have a helper when shopping! :)

nwscrapmom said...

Sounds like a fun time with your daughter. I think I need that right now.

lynette said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Aren't you glad Bruce chimed in too?