Wednesday, July 20, 2011

07-20-11


"I found a head!" - Things you don't really want to hear on a mission trip. Luckily it was a mannequin head in the brush, not a corpse.

After two and a half days, I finally got a shower. Sharing a restroom with 15 other gals may be one of my biggest frustrations.

So many things I could write about, but I like to keep my entries short.

This is Anastasia loving on one of the Harambee summer students, Julius. The kids here are just as entertaining and rambunctious as at home, but have a different perspective on life:
They draw tattoos on their craft projects.
They are dismayed about destroying sponges and socks, useful items they need at home.
They are so excited to get name tags.
They are incredibly hungry, and drink the water needed to mix up plaster of paris.
They call a cross the "church thing."

Another good day...

No comments: