Sunday, April 17, 2011

04-17-11


So what is your view on stockpiling food in case of catastrophe? Head in the sand, focus on 72 hour kit, or months of food on hand?

I’ve been getting serious about spending some time and money getting a 72 hour kit together. Last Saturday I wandered around the camping and food sections of Walmart filling my basket to brimming. Today I made more progress. To Walgreens for water, to Home Depot for duct tape, tarp, and dust masks, and to shelfreliance.com to order a few things including 25 year self life freeze dried Broccoli, Potato Chunks, Sweet Potato, Strawberries, and Raspberries.

My assignment for my photography class today was to take photos form a lot of different angles – above, below, side, tilted. Xander’s in bed sick today, so here’ the rest of the crew. From below.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I think having enough supplies to last at least 72 hours is something everyone should do. It's unrealistic and irresponsible to rely solely on the government for support in the event of a disaster. Even organizations like the Red Cross need time to organize a response. The Hurricane Katrina debacle should serve as a warning.