Friday, July 30, 2010

07-30-10


I think the mess is conquering me instead of the other way around. But, this room was not on my agenda today. It will still be waiting for me when I’m ready for it.

Tonight I sat in the sun and read my book for a few minutes to celebrate the weekend. I wondered by the kids always come home from trips so stinking crabby. I ran over to the duplex where Bruce waited for the plumber to do his fast but expensive magic. Bruce and I walked the lake before he headed to poker.

And I mostly focused on getting our Chicago trip plans put to bed. At work I printed out all the hotel and airline confirmations that I am so glad weren’t lost forever. And I discovered that google maps also has modes for pedestrians and public transit. It is 8 El stops between the airport and our hotel, then 3 more to the Cubs stadium. At home I organized the 24 page document with the details about our destinations. And added cross streets to addresses since we’ll be navigating the old fashioned way (paper maps, eek!). Except for the detailed packing lists, I think I'm ready!

No comments: