Thursday, July 1, 2010

07-01-10


End of another quarter, time to take stock in another three months of books.

Most enjoyable:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I wasn't looking forward to this book club pick, but it is an entertaining read about racial issues in the deep south in the 1960's.
Strangest:
JPod by Douglas Coupland. This one has been on my to-read lsit for ages, I finally picked it up. I liked it, but it was pretty far out there.
Most relevant:
Loving Frank, a historical fiction by Nancy Horan about Frank Lloyd Wright. Looking forward to seeing his work in Chicago soon.
Most rewarding:
Finsihed my Archaeological Study Bible that I've been biting off in small chunks over my morning bowl of fresh fruit.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I really enjoyed "The Help", too. "Loving Frank" is on my bookshelf, waiting to be read. You've done well this quarter!