Sunday, September 20, 2009

09-20-09


re·lin·quish:
1. To retire from; give up or abandon.
2. To put aside or desist from
3. To let go; surrender.
4. To cease holding physically; release


My word of the year is coming into play tonight. I could break my neck to finish the to do’s I had planned to accomplish this weekend. Or I can decide that I’ve had a nice, relatively productive weekend and see how the evening plays out.

I guess I’ll let go of my hour-by-hour checklist without enough hours and surrender to whatever is in store. Follow the kids example- they have no problem abandoning structure! Bopping back and forth between the computer and TV is as relaxing as it gets.

“When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you can have more happiness.” -Nicole Kidman

1 comment:

Diana said...

I didn't finish my list either but I did get the main stuff done that I had to.....all I could think this weekend is when do I get to the part of my life where I can curl up and read more? I really did have days like that....I'm trying to remember which decade it was....