Saturday, September 5, 2009

09-05-09


Since I made a radical change to my diet, we seem to have no room in the fridge.

Prior, we could tell when grocery day was near, because the cupboards and fridge were bare. Now things seem to be bursting at the seams most of the time, and I’d really like a second freezer to stock up for winter.

The bottom drawers are full of fresh fruits and veggies that I hope I can eat myself before they go bad. The dairy drawer is being overrun by non-dairy items like marinated cucumbers and hummus. We’ve almost conquered our 32 pound watermelon.

Each day I touch at least five plastic containers – precut fruit for quick breakfast, prepped lettuce for lunch and dinner salads, fresh lunch, afternoon snack. The guys are sick of Tupperware in the sink, and I’m tired of lids that never fit!

And, this weekend, we have leftovers from the Guy Party, pizza and soda, taking up precious space.

“When you hunt animals, you may succeed or not. But when you open the fridge, you will succeed 100 percent of the time.” Nora Volkow

1 comment:

Marie said...

That's a great idea, to precut your fruits and lettuce. Maybe I'd eat more fruit if I did that.