Wednesday, September 14, 2011

09-14-11



Ok, here’s another photo of my SUP – an artistic shot by Bruce.

I start and end my ride on my knees, standing up after I get out of the lily pads.

It’s 50 pounds of awkward hard plastic. It doesn’t rode in the car, we heft it to the lake- sometimes a body at each end, sometimes dragging it in the grass, sometimes with the mule, wheels on one end to help move it.

I want to get to the point where I can transport it myself, but our mule isn’t working very well and it is quite the workout for me to wrestle it the half block to the lake and then to the water. I am so petite that I can’t get my arms around the darn thing, but I’m figuring out how to flip it.

The more you pay the lighter they are. This is a cheap model. I liked it because it has the netting to hold the life jacket, and it has a watertight storage area (that I never use!).

Lovin’ my time on the lake…

1 comment:

Diana said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE A LIFE JACKET THERE AND TRUST THAT YOU WEAR IT:) I really do miss the lake....there are gorgeous parks here on the riverfront (miles of them lining the park to be exact on both sides of the river in Wenatchee and East Wenatchee) and even a covered bridge walkway connecting them. I'll try and nab some pics the next few days.