Monday, September 27, 2010

09-27-10


I have to admit that I am not a big fan of cucumbers. To me they are like tomatoes – they overpower everything else in the dish. So I almost always pick off my tomatoes and cucumbers. It's not easy eating vegan at restaurants while trying to avoid tomatoes and cucumbers.

Today Donna brought a bunch of cucumbers from her garden to share, so I decided to see if preparing the cukes like pickles would help me embrace them. I thought the assembly could be a mother-son project since last time he scarfed them down before I could even taste test. But he cut his finger with the knife, couldn’t find the mason jars, and decided he’s rather slither off to eat a jar of jalapeños. Thanks a lot, pickle boy.

“Life. A spiritual pickle preserving the body from decay.” -Ambrose Bierce

No comments: