Tuesday, July 10, 2012

07-10-12


One of the really fun aspects of my job is being part of the Weyerhaeuser Giving Fund, which donates almost $150K to the local community through grants to non-profits.  I enjoy learning about all the happenings in the community, and people are just so happy to get money!

Today we did a tour and photo op for the Grounds for Opportunity, a café opening next month near the Kelso train station.  Weyerhaeuser provided a grant for a walk in fridge/freezer.  The café will offer food (quinoa black bean burger, yum!) and Starbucks drinks, with all labor as part of a food trainee program, and the kitchen is already doubling to assemble the Cowlitz county Meals on Wheels senior food trays (a process which people can watch through the windows).

Another fun aspect of my life is amazing people with my ability to not fall off my paddle board.  I’m featured for Silly Tuesday on FIL’s photo blog.

No comments: