Thursday, November 17, 2011

11-17-11



One of the things that dawned on me at my last women’s retreat is that I need to relentlessly pursue simplicity.

I’ve touched everything in my craft room, trying to be honest with myself on whether I would really ever use it or not, and cleared out a bunch of stuff. I’m prepping Craigslist and e-bay ads to see if I can get a little bit of cash back on the bigger ticket items.

One of the things I have decided to part with is the heart chunk characters I painted in the early 90’s. I never change them for the seasons, they collect dust, and it’s just more stuff to manage, as much as I do like them. I can’t quite bring myself to throw them in the Goodwill box, but don’t think they are really worth anything either.

“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” - Hans Hofman

No comments: