Tuesday, March 22, 2011

03-22-11


Did you know that today is World Water Day?

I didn’t know about it, am not particularly passionate about it, but the date got my attention. So I found out that World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. Each year, World Water Day highlights a specific aspect of freshwater. The 2011 theme is Water and Urbanization.

Today, one in two people on the planet live in a city. Investments in infrastructure have not kept up with the rate of urbanization, including water and waste services. A big opportunity is increased recycling and reuse of water and wastes. I’ve been thinking about capturing rain water for the garden. But, only after our disaster kit gets built.

Happy World Water Day from my germ infested crummy feeling household!

No comments: