Monday, March 14, 2011

03-14-11


I’ve been hanging out with educators at a baby shower tonight, so here’s my synonyms for tired: beat, burned out, dead on one's feet, dog-tired, done for, done in, drained, drooping, droopy, drowsy, empty, fatigued, finished, haggard, petered out, pooped, run-down, sleepy, spent, tuckered out, wasted, worn out.

I spent some of my ergonomics breaks with my eyes closed swaying and almost asleep. I imagined myself curling up with Ducky for a long nap.

Part of it is past deficiencies – not sleeping Friday night, out of bed too early for too long (no sleeping in all weekend). But a big part of it is knowing what lies ahead of me this week. One day at a time. Tomorrow: depart the house early for a long drive. Set the alarm for 4:45am, which will feel like 3:45am…

Sometimes I just wish I was the duck…

No comments: