Friday, February 18, 2011

02-18-11


I’m trying to make desserts at home more often. Less money, higher quality ingredients, less calories (I think), and reclaim some pantry space.

“Why can’t we just eat them now, like this?”

I’ve been wanting to make Peanut Butter and Granola Bonbons with Coconut no-bake cookies from the Flexitarian Cookbook for a long time now. My mini chocolate chips walked away, but I had the other ingredients and some full sized chocolate chips in the freezer. Nobody ever steals food from the freezer!

“Why are they called bonbons?”

Xander likes to hover when I’m baking. He always claims the beaters (none this time, ha!) and bowl to lick. I told him stories about Grandma Dorothy loving peanut butter.

“Wow, I can really taste the peanut butter!”

“These aren’t vegan! They have chocolate chips!”

You’re right, dude. Not sure your sister has any clue what vegan means. Not sure you’ll choose the road less travelled, but at least you know it exists.

“These are so good! They are cold though.”

Right again, dude! This recipe is a keeper.

No comments: