Friday, December 17, 2010

12-17-10


Feels like lots of trips to the oven today. Like every 7 to 12 minutes.

Sunday is official cookie baking day. Last year I made 9 batches of cookies, but this year I think a more realistic goal is 6. But I still have plenty of people I want to give cookies to, so I decided to prebake a few batches today.

Bruce helped with the Christmas Joy peppermint ones and his favorite boring chocolate chip (that I’m hoping to dip in chocolate Sunday). I was going to try out a new recipe called Peppermint Whoopie, but ditched it when I saw that they need to be refrigerated even after baking. Next I worked on my signature lemon cookies, but discovered I didn’t have any lemon cake mix! So I did a batch with Strawberry and a batch with Red Velvet mix instead.

Bring on the sugar!

No comments: