Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12-08-10


My Wednesday routine brings a visit to the local produce stand and mid week church.
This week my self study on voluntary simplicity (to make changes to reflect God’s priorities) merged the two-

Overconsumption at the grocery store.

Eating more in line with the world’s standards and cutting our need for excess protein and unlimited variety can support personal and global health. My book suggested using meat as a garnishment rather than the main course to plan the meal around, eating food in season, keep meals cheap and easy with rice and beans, buying locally, and shopping along the outside walls of the grocery store.

Well on my way, but must admit I’m more motivated by my waistline than by God’s desire to only use our fair share. Baby steps. At least they don't conflict.

“The world can support more vegetarian Indians on bicycles than hamburger-eating Americans in cars.” – opening of food chapter in my study

No comments: