Thursday, October 1, 2009

10-01-09


What does the end of a quarter mean to you? For me it brings extra quarter end tasks at work. It also means not being allowed to trade company stock for a few weeks. And it is when I take stock of the books I’ve read or listened to in the past 3 months.

Best summer beach read: The Undomestic Godess by Sophie Kinsella
Best Smut: Temptation & Surrender by Stephanie Laurens
Most Unexpected: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safron Foer
Favorite: Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Rigler
Most Disappointing: Moving On by Sarah Ban Breathnach

But this quarter was a great mix of books, and fun memories of where and when I read them. Or listened to them in the garden.

Happy reading!

“A wonderful thing about a book, in contrast to a computer screen, is that you can take it to bed with you.” – Daniel J. Boorstein

1 comment:

Marie said...

I have the Confessions... book. I'll have to get to that one soon.