Sunday, December 31, 2023

12-31-23

 


I get so many compliments on my Foster seaotter necklace, but time to retire him as my year of focusing on foster wraps up.

FOSTER: encourage or promote the development of

It was a mix of results…

Foster health was maybe a wash.  The scale is higher, have had a lot of setbacks with colds and long hours and a dumb foot surgery, and life led to more meals out this year.  But, I feel like I made inroads on getting better sleep and when I am able to work out I am working harder.

Foster community feels like a win.  We spent more time with friends and family (with intentional invites) and took a trip to Portland to see Tanuia post release.  Our book together stalled out, and still no volunteering activities outside of church.

Foster new experiences was a win too, mostly due to great visits to Dubai and Kenya.  We tried several new local restaurants, but not as intentionally as we could have.  Embracing Friday night to Saturday night as Sabbath was a huge win to our routines as well.

Another year of more reading than movie watching.  I did hit the movie goal if I could dragging the family to see Migration on Christmas day.  I bought fewer books, relying on books already purchased or the library digital loans.  I read a lot of physical books from my shelves, but also got a bunch more as gifts and through Seattle Arts and Lectures events.  Probably a wash.

No comments: