Sunday, January 1, 2023

01-01-23

 

My 2023 focus word is Foster.  I stole it from my alma mater.  Foster School of Business at UW is currently using this tagline:

Together…

We foster leaders

We foster insights

We foster progress

… to better humanity


I LOVE that, I want that!  The word foster means encourage or promote the development of.  My mascot will be a fictitious seaotter named Foster.

So here goes:

In 2023…

I foster community

I foster health

I foster exposure to new things

…to grow my faith and resilience


For community, I intend to initiate 6 new gatherings with extended family, 9 gatherings with friends, support Tanuia in her post-release year, continue co-writing our book, and keep looking for volunteer opportunities as things open up post pandemic.

For health, I intend to exercise harder, eat better, lose 5-10% of body weight, and spend consistent time in bed in hopes of getting better sleep.

For new exposure, I intend to embrace our time in different cultures, take an agile leadership course, and visit at least twelve new places or restaurants in Seattle.

For a fourth mish mash category, I intend to fit a busy work year into life, read more work-related books, read more books from my shelf (starting point of 16 physical books), spend less money on books (2022 baseline of $420), and watch at least four movies from my ‘to watch’ list.

 


No comments: