Friday, December 31, 2021

12-31-21

 

New Years Eve, time to reflect on this past year.  As I brace myself on the icy sidewalks.

Brace was my word for 2021, partially because I had an inkling that 2021 could be more difficult that 2020.  What an understatement.  What a dumpster fire of a year!

Reviewing my goals, I fell short on weight loss (again!) building a strong community (although our expanded small group has been a blessing) or find new routines coming out of pandemic (the pandemic ending was a pipedream) and Tanuia did not get early release.  But I was able to read 60 books (a good variety with the summer bingo and various book clubs), I completed the Sesame Street 500 miles early, made improvements in wellness (focus on sleep, joined Peloton) and spent a lot of time supporting the family.

I felt like I was stuck in molasses this year, that even easy things were hard, but I do feel like I made some progress in being patient and ready for whatever came next.  I’ve come through this year stronger in a lot of ways, and that is a win.


No comments: