Saturday, January 4, 2014

01-02-14

My one little word for 2014 is FALLOW, which raises eyebrows.

My definition: left dormant for a period in order to restore its productivity.
My interpretation: do less and accomplish more. Pare down normal activities to make more time and energy for other things.

Specifics:
Less rigidity with devotions and memorization, more hearing and responding to prompts of service from God.
Less activities that don't directly align to my passions, more volunteering at HNA events.
Less focus on pounds and points for healthy lifestyle, more time for tennis, naturopath, quality workouts, new habits.
Less gardening, less focus on daily/weekly to do list, less plans, more scrapbooking, reading, time with family, and down time.

Confession: this photo, my representation of fallow, wasn't taken on 1/2/14.  I didn't take any photos or post my blog because I was doing fallow instead... :)

No comments: