Saturday, November 23, 2013

11-23-13

Started and ended my day with food today.

This morning I headed to the community center to pack Thanksgiving food baskets.  I was in charge of canned vegetables, adding corn and green beans to boxes, and other veggies for bigger families.  Jill and I also delivered four boxes to our adopted block.

This evening Xander and I attended the community vegetarian/vegan potluck.  I love taking a bite of almost all of the dishes to taste the different flavors, and brussels sprouts don't scare me.  Xander usually finds a few things he likes to eat in large quantities - veggie pizza tonight.  We both liked the chocolate sourdough bread so much we brought a loaf home; the talk was about sourdough by a 15 year old with his own bakery.  Truly fascinating.

Blessed to have so much food in my life.

No comments: