Thursday, August 19, 2010

08-19-10

I hope that I won’t have to give up thrill rides, but after today I wonder.

Even though I am very prone to motion sickness, I love roller coasters. As long as they aren’t spinny.

But today at Six Flags Great America, the thrill rides left me queasy. We paid extra to not wait in lines, so my stomach wasn’t settled down before it was time to get on the next cool ride*.

I took the afternoon off, lying on a beach lounger and people watching while Bruce & the kids explored the water park side of the park. I’m hoping it was just a bad day (my face was also swollen with an allergy reaction); that I won’t be the official photographer and “stuff” holder while others ride into the future.

*cool ride=

Superman, shown here. They tilted us, so we seemed to really be flying.

Batman, where our feet dangle.

Iron Wolf, where we stand up.

Raging Bull, which reminds me of my favorite coaster at Silverwood. Smooth ride that goes underground.

No comments: