Thursday, January 8, 2009

01-08-09

Evidently, Ali Edwards (one of my favorite scrapbooking "celebrities") and Beth (a Christian, scrapbooking, book reading, coffee loving, adventure seeking girlfriend after my heart) choose a word to focus on each year. I contemplated my word for a few days, and finally landed on RELINQUISH. Others I considered were rest, relax, and breathe, can you see a theme?

re·lin·quish
(r-lngkwsh)
1. To retire from; give up or abandon.
2. To put aside or desist from
3. To let go; surrender.
4. To cease holding physically; release

I think RELINQUISH fits with my mood, my 2009 goals, and my strong need for a change.


  • I will put aside time to scrapbook more and relinquish the idea that it takes incredible energy to organize and create.
  • I will cease to physically hold enough Christmas gifts and supplies to last me years. I will carve out time to finish projects, I will seek out joy, and I will make fruitcake this year!
  • I will cease to hold these extra 15 pounds. Well, at least 10 of them! I will relinquish the patterns and influences that keep me form eating well and exercising.
  • I will relinquish the need to do our finances my way and work with Bruce to put aside more money and desist from feeling deprived when I'm not spending excessively.
  • I will abandon my mindset that I have to do everything, do it quickly, and do it perfectly at work. I will relinquish more to others, surrender my to do list, and stay away from the office more.

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed and redeemed."- Audrey Hepburn.

4 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

Bravo! Bravo! I think relinquish is the PERFECT word... and I LOVE your goals. Way to go! I'm thinking I should have put more thought into my word. :(

Beth said...

Ah shucks Michele! Thanks for the kind words. I like your word. I think it could easily have been mine this year.

Marie said...

That's a great list of goals. :)

lynette said...

That is a great word and an even better list.